Chesley Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Squeaky Clean



Percy went out of town last week and I had to bathe Chesley...alone. With her head still flopping every which way I feel strongly that this is a four hand job-but the child needed a bath. So Mama decided to try out the new bath tub instead of just using the sponge thingy that we lay her on. Well, after she ended up laying in the bottom of the tub horizontally a couple of times I finally got the bright idea to put the sponge in the tub. This helped, somewhat. But there was just nothing about this bath that looked right-or safe to be totally honest. But we both survived and I even clicked a quick photo while she was still semi upright, (note the downward slide she is beginning to make, and the dishtowel i grabbed to try and keep her head from flopping into the side so much), to commemorate Mama's first bath. It turns out that this picture could be used against me as evidence of child abuse since I looked at the box for the tub afterwards and realized I had it mounted in the sink completely wrong. Like so wrong as to be negligible. I had it over half of the sink so it sat really upright, hence the sliding down, but you are supposed to have it across both sides of the sink so they recline more. Well, we both survived and Child Services let this one slide. I have also given her another bath by myself with the tub mounted correctly over the sink with much better results. Oh, the adventures in motherhood by mama liz...

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Segrest Family said...

i love this story! you are so funny... give yourself some credit! you can handle it =)
i always just used that blue tub IN the big tub - it was much easier for me and i could just pull the plug to drain and leave it in there!
she is a doll!!!
has it already been a month?

Unknown said...

that has got to be the funniest picture...she is so cute and already has so muhc personality!!