Chesley Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Rice Cereal, No thanks!

So since Miss Chesley is such a big girl now it's time for rice cereal. I have the first attempt on video because a still picture just wouldn't have done it justice. She gagged and spit and made the most unladylike faces that cracked us up, right up until she just threw up all over the place. Note: I had laid out a towel underneath her for just such an event. She hated it. Wants nothing to do with it and thinks we are insane for even trying. So, I called in the big guns for round two and made my mom come over. I mostly just wanted her to fail at trying to feed it to her also so that I knew I wasn't doing anything wrong- that it really was my child's fault and not mine. Mission accomplished. Mom tried and tried right up until Chesley threw up all over the place. Score: Chesley 2 Adults 0 Tried again this morning and she may have actually swallowed about two tiny spoonfuls and made way less gagging noises, but she has figured out that I can't get the spoon in her mouth if she becomes part owl and turns her head almost all the way around and into the bouncy seat. So next step is to try and camouflage the flavor with a little applesauce. Wish me luck!!


"I am so ready for this cereal stuff, Mama."


"Is this a new bib? You know how I love new clothes."


"What is wrong with you!? Did you really just put that in my mouth??"


Not even Annie's magic touch would work!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: