Chesley Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Ok, so the house we stayed in was great. It was right on the beach, gorgeous view, lots of room for us all to have our own space and nobody step on the highly mobile Chesley-but, in the words of my father, "This house is great but if I were the owners I would shoot the decorator." Over the top would be putting it mildly. The light fixtures, excuse me-chandeliers in every room, (looking in from the porch one night I counted 7 chandeliers of varying sizes visible from my vantage point), had feathers on them- or were strung with so many jewels and/or pearls you would think the Mardi Gras parade just came through. But the best bit of decor of all was the at least 7 foot tall urn in the living room. We spent the week trying to guess what it would be used for and Katie came up with our best bet- to hold a very fat man's ashes- (it reminded me of Stan on Will and Grace). This thing was huge and so so so ugly. As my mother said, "It wouldn't even be pretty if it was a normal size, not even in miniature." So I have taken a picture of it to share with all of you because you really have to see it to grasp just how bizarre the thing was. Chesley decided she would help put things into perspective for you about how enormous it actually is. Oh, and I think we might have rubbed it to see if a genie would pop out until someone screamed,"No, don't-can you imagine how big the genie could be??"


Chesley was pretty blase about the pool. She just kicked back in her raft and looked at us like,"Yeah it's a pool? So? Why are you people ooohing and aaahing and looking at me like mad people?

Posted by Picasa

No comments: