Chesley Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Chesley's Dedication

Chesley was dedicated at church today, (we're Baptist so we don't christen because we get fully dunked later.) Lots of our family and friends came to church and to my mom's afterwards for brunch. Ingrid, aka baby Pruet's grandmother, catered the food which was incredible! Our very dear friends Jim and Amy came down from Tupelo and Amy's mom Ellen came along too to help with Emma who we were thrilled made the trip too! Jim and Amy are Chesley's godparents (remember we were Methodists in Memphis-plus Percy grew up with godparents he loved to this was something we really wanted to do for Chesley as well), so it meant so much for them to drive all the way down for one night-but it was great to see them and to get to hang out with Mrs. Ellen and Emma-who is a doll and loves her some Chesley!
Chesley did great- no fussing or anything major just a healthy appetite for her bonnet! (Her gown and bonnet were made by a woman who made dresses for my sisters and me when we were little and will be used for any future babies as well as long as it survives!) She tried to eat it at the beginning because it kept slipping into her face because I didn't tie it tight enough-oops! So the bonnet didn't do fabulous but the rest of the service was wonderful. It is just a short bit at the beginning of the service but it meant a lot to us. This is the church I grew up in and was married in and that my husband chose to join without any prompting from me when we moved back-so to have Chesley presented to the church and hear the congregation vow to help nurture her spiritually was very moving for me. Thanks to all who came- it meant a lot! P.S. I didn't take very many pictures but I feel confident I will have plenty from my mother-in-law soon to add!




This is kind of a new thing- she doesn't smile quite as instantly for the camera anymore because so much catches her attention-so we tell her to clap clap and she will usually smile and look at the person taking the picture-kinda worked here but not great!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Segrest Family said...

LOVE her beautiful gown!!!
she is such a doll baby.
blessings to her on Dedication day!

good to see you friday - madness!!! but i was fired up b/c i got some good stuff!!!

Katie said...

Chesley can draw a crowd! :) I am so glad that everything went so well. Her dress is beautiful... so is she!