Chesley Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Giddy Up!

Most of you know Percy grew up with horses and is what I consider a honest to goodness cowboy--he may kill me for saying this but I think the pictures I post with that statement will mke him not care about being embarassed. Anyway, Percy's grandfather (whom Chesley is named after along with my grandfather-both of whom were also honest to goodness cowboys as well), bought him a pony when he was tiny- like 3 years old I think and the darn thing is still alive and upright! I mock his family because every fall one of them inevitably says, "Yeah, I think this will be Whistle's last winter-don't think he can make it another year." And then that horse proves them all wrong again! So Percy's mom wanted to take pictures of Percy, Chesley, and Whistle- (secretly i think she plans to use them to send to Guinness World Records when Whistle finally kicks the bucket to see if he is in fact the oldest horse to ever live) and we needed to do it soon because remember, Whistle could pass at any moment...he will outlive us all probably! So I have had these pictures since July and couldn't ever decide which ones to post so I just put them all in a collage-click on them to zoom in better. Percy's mom has much better ones than these but I haven't gotten them from her yet. The first collage is Whistle, the second one is Percy's roping horse on whom he won all his awards that make me call him an honest to goodness cowboy (that and the fact that he thinks you can fix anything with baling wire, duct tape, and...I can't remember the third one-then again this might not make him a cowboy as much as it does country but whatever!) Snake, or as most of his family calls him-Paint, is Percy's roping horse and he traveled all over in high school winning awards on that horse, so we needed pictures with Paint too, (he's old but not near as old as Whistle). It made for some great pictures of my girl and my cowboy- Enjoy!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Gammy said...

Great pics, the memories these two animals have made in our family. Snake is 29 and Whistle is nearing 40 or very close to it.
love you guys,
gammy

Katie said...

I agree... great pics! She will be saddled up and riding off into the sunset before you know it!