Chesley Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Daddy's 30th Birthday

It seemed like a good idea at the time to have Chesley 'help' me bake Percy's birthday cake. It ended in bloodshed. I just wanted a couple pictures of her 'helping' but after the pictures were taken she managed to grab the cord to the mixer and pull it towards her, bringing the bowl of batter, the mixer, and one of my Jars pottery bowls down with her. It shattered and she was, of course, barefoot. I scooped her up before she ever took a step. But one little shard of pottery had lodged itself in her pinky toe and she was bleeding. Now, she had no idea she was bleeding or hurt at all, she just wanted to know why she couldn't play with the mixer anymore. That darn toe would not stop bleeding. It was a pin prick sized little hole but it just kept dripping tiny little blood drops for almost an hour. I strapped her into her highchair, not for her benefit- like I said she had no clue- but for mine! I didn't want blood droplets on the carpet and floor etc. We finally got the cake baked and since Percy is so boring about sweets and wouldn't tell me anything fun he wanted me to make for him, white cake with white icing- or yellow if that was easier, how boring!!!! so I used food coloring to at least make it blue-mostly just to prove the point that I would have done something more extravagant if he had let me! It was a funny shade of blue but oh well. We went to dinner with his mom and Pops at Two Rivers and then back to their house for presents and a little entertainment by the spotlight stealer, our child. She took a ride on the Gator with Gammy that ended with the cops being called, see below. But Percy had a nice birthday night and got a sweet card and present from each of his girls. We love you Daddy! Happy 30th!



Scene of the crime.


Baking is dangerous.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: