Chesley Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, May 16, 2011

First Haircut, kinda...


The hair on top of Chesley's head is longer than the rest, like a lot. The hair on the back of her head grows in really tight adorable ringlets. When I pull the hair on top back into a ponytail holder it still hangs longer than the rest- it looks odd. So, one night I got Percy to distract her, Daddy's are good for that, and I got the kitchen scissors and clipped the offending 'longer than the rest' lock off. She never saw the scissors, never heard the word haircut, and never knew it happened. If you are familiar with my friend Harper and her precious 4 yr old Causey and her homemade haircut you will understand my trepidation at letting Chesley know that there is such a thing as cutting your hair. (Causey got out of her bed in the middle of the night and found her rounded end craft scissors and cut all her hair off, all over, put said hair in the kitchen garbage can and got back in bed, this is one of the things that now haunts my dreams. Causey is lucky bc she already looks like a little fairy so her new Tinkerbell haircut is not half bad- but I don't need Chesley chopping all her hair off and looking even more like her daddy!!) I decided this tiny little clip did constitute her first haircut so I saved it and documented it here for all eternity.

No comments: