Chesley Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, July 11, 2011

38 weeks and Shopping


In case you ever wondered what mattress shopping at 38.5 weeks pregnant looks like, wonder no more.

We took Chesley with us, which did not turn out to be our brightest idea as she insisted on trying out each mattress as well, and bouncing, squirming, kicking, and squealing while she did so. Since this is not how we sleep at home, (with the squealing squirmer between us), the sales lady distracted her with stuffed teddy bears they had on display long enough for us to narrow it down to two. The two we were choosing between were all the way across the store from one another and let me just say I am not ashamed to admit I was worn out from climbing into and heave-ho-ing out of all those beds over and over and then waddling back and forth between the final two. On some of the softer options I had to either push off of Percy to exit the bed, or he had to roll me onto my side from my back like a beached whale, or I had to shimmy/rock back and forth a little while until I had enough momentum to rock onto my side. Laugh all you want, it was a lot of work. But we did get to try out the new millennium's version of the Craft-matic Adjustable Bed. My sister, Katie, and I begged and begged my parents to buy us one every time the infomercial came on. We didn't even share a bed or a room but we were willing to start if they would buy us the double or queen size, and it came with a free TV!! I mean come on! Alas, my parents never gave in and Katie and I had to make do with our normal boring, non-moving beds. But, wow, this thing is cool. Percy and I made a deal that we will buy one when our last child goes to college and I am not even kidding a little bit. Katie, it was everything we dreamed it would be...

Baby Q#2 Update:
We went last Thursday and there is still no progression whatsoever and the baby hasn't dropped, (although two Kroger workers, Hillary, and Tatum Goodman's mom all stopped me today to tell me I looked like I had dropped so maybe by now?) We had a sonogram that estimates the baby is around 8lb 4oz, Chesley was 8lb 6oz so this may actually be somewhat accurate. We took Chesley to the sonogram so she could see the baby but Baby had it's face turned towards my back and no matter how hard the sonographer tried I couldn't even ever see anything that looked like a baby. Chesley didn't know the difference but she was less than impressed. She was, however, very excited to be at 'da baby doctor.' She was pretty squirmy until Dr. Kellum came in the room, then she didn't make a peep and just stared at him the entire time. We, (minus Chesley), go back this again Thursday, I'll update when we know more!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: