Chesley Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

ReRe's Pictures

Here are some of the pictures my dad took at the hospital. Since I was having a c-section there shouldn't be that long of a wait for those who came to the hospital, right? Wrong. Since Percy and I don't find out what we are having, and since I have carried this kiddo around for nine months I am not ok with Percy taking the baby out in the hall to show her off and tell everyone what she is and me miss the whole thing!! Sooo, Percy sent a text message once the baby is out and tells everyone that we're good but nothing else. Then they take me to recovery and the we all three go to our room. Once we are in our room we call the friends and family that are about to rebel and storm the nurse's station for information and tell them to come to the room. When they get there Percy is holding the baby and I am holding the video camera and Percy tells everyone what it is and what her name is. The only problem with this plan is that the part where I am in recovery- well, it lasts at least an hour. They have to observe me and the baby for a while and Anders had her first feeding and we just hung out. It was actually a really nice time in there since I felt great, as opposed to after having Chesley when the epidural made me throw up and then they knocked me out and then I kept shaking! So, while everyone is hanging out in the cafeteria, hating us!, we are just chilling in recovery getting to know Miss Anders! My parents are especially put out by this practice of mine. They claim it's because it's not nice to make everyone wait and that having the dad take the baby out is just how it's done! I think it has more to do with their own impatience to meet their newest grandchild than anything else-but tough. This is how Mama wants to do it, Daddy is totally on board and Anders was in full support! So these pictures- they are of the our family waiting in the cafeteria and I am about 99% sure that my dad told everyone to make mean faces and look like they are about to die from waiting! He won't admit to this but I think the pictures speak for themselves...

I don't think Alex got the memo, and Katie isn't really pulling it off. Mom, on the other hand, probably didn't have to work that hard...






Good try Gammy...


Posted by Picasa

No comments: