Chesley Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, October 20, 2008

Prego...or Clepto?

This past weekend I went to Jackson to take home the last of the furniture from the guest bedroom so we could make it the nursery. Percy went to hunting camp, (well, he was originally going to go to Jackson with me but then my dad called and started negotiations and by the time I got off the phone with Big Rick the amount of time I would be seeing my husband that weekend had been reduced to about 3 hours on Saturday afternoon- he would be spending the remaining time at hunting camp with my dad-- glad we got the custody arrangements worked out to Dad's satisfaction...) Anyway, before Percy got there I ran by Pop Fizz to pick up a gift. Percy called to say he was exiting the interstate right as I was about to walk out the door so our timing was perfect. I was supposed to meet him at Playpen but pregnancy brain struck me and I went the wrong way on the frontage road bc I was thinking I was on Northside not Old Canton. So I called Percy to tell him I had to loop at Briarwood bc I was stupid and I would be right there. Then my phone rings and its a number I don't know. I answer and hear this, "Um, Mrs. Quinn? This is so-and-so from Pop Fizz and we were wondering if you just walked out of here with a bag of clothes?" I look in the passenger seat and sure enough, a bag of clothes that I DID NOT PURCHASE! I had gotten a gift certificate and stuck it in my purse then stood chatting with my 4th grade teacher who works there for a bit before grabbing a bag of someone else's clothes (a lady who was being checked out as I chatted and didn't notice me STEAL FROM HER!) I told them I was so sorry I would be right back blah blah blah- I am mortified. I get there and the lady is waiting at the checkout desk, I hand her the clothes and tell her and the ladies who work in the store, "I sure am glad I can blame this on pregnancy brain, or else I might be really embarrassed!" Which of course I was, I am- absolutely mortified. I almost didn't tell my husband bc he already thinks I'm crazy but it was just too much to not share- hope you got a good chuckle out of it.

5 comments:

derek and brittney said...

hilarious! i am totally going to ask them about this on Wednesday! I will vouch for you!

The Segrest Family said...

that is awesome! so very funny... hope that lady wasn't in a hurry =) hahahaha that made me laugh! totally something i would do pregnant!!!

Dehmer Family said...

Liz, I bet Mrs. Shaw got a huge kick out of that. I showed up tp birthday parties and appointments on the wrong day and time ALL the time when I was pregnant with Rimes. It used to drive Nash crazy!

Carrie Calhoon said...

I wish I could tell you that your brain goes back to normal after "pregnancy brain" but... then you get "baby brain," "sarcastic 6 year old kid brain"... well, you get the picture! Obviously my sister has "newlywed brain" b/c we have had 3 generations of Calhoons at the Thanksgiving table already... Ethan- her nephew! :) Anyway, we are wishing you all the best and look foward to meeting PercyBeth. Love you and hope to see you soon... Carrie

Jenny said...

that's hilarious...i would soooo do something like that. you are not alone my friend!