Chesley Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Please take me back home...



to Mississippi.

We are moving back to Jackson- (insert cheers or boos here). We sold our house, (or I should actually say we have a contract on it b/c Percy has hung out with the Calhoons too much and is now superstitious about jinxing such things), and are set to move out March 22. Now we just need to find a house, buy it, pack up, and move out- all with a 8week old in tow... Pray for our sanity over the next few weeks please!

As for the boos and cheers- I like to think some of my Jackson friends will cheer at the news, and I have already gotten some boos from my Memphis friends and to be honest-we are pretty torn. We have always known we wanted to end up back in the Jackson area eventually but it was always this distant, way far off, 'sometime kind of notion'. Now that it is real and we are actually doing it, we're pretty conflicted. We will miss our Memphis friends incredibly but then we are excited to be closer to our families and all of our Jackson friends. So when I quote Afroman in the title of this posting (if you don't know what I am talking about you are showing your age...mom...gammy-i'll explain it sometime), I don't mean it to say 'get us out of here'- because we have loved living in Memphis and would recommend it to anyone starting out after college- Memphis has been great for us and will always be the place we both got to experience downtown living, the town where we got our first 'real' jobs, the place we came home to after our honeymoon, where we bought our first house, the city we learned all about through good times with great friends, and of course the it's where we welcomed our first child. Percy and I will have been married 5 years March 6th and will have lived here for 6 years, (almost 6 for me and 6 for Percy). We were proud to be Tennesseans while it lasted but it is time for this Mississippi girl and her Madison county boy to go back home. So- as for the Afroman song lyrics- we are going home, but we made a pretty nice one here too-I just thought I was being clever.

3 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

that's exciting! i know your family is thrilled. i will be thinking about you! :)

Dehmer Family said...

I'll give a WooooHoooooo on that one. GOT TO SEE THAT BABY!! Please let me know next time your in town.

The Segrest Family said...

yay!!!!!!!!!!! can't wait. it will be good to see you more. and to meet chesley!!!!