Chesley Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Kim and Gina

Kim and Gina were our next door neighbors when we first got married and moved into our first house in Memphis. I didn't have any friends yet in town and we got along great right away. I can't imagine our lives in Memphis without them in it and we will miss them dearly, especially at Christmas. Percy holds them responsible for my Griswold tendancies at Christmas. Our first Christmas after we got married I decided to try and start decorating the house while Percy was out of town hunting but I really had no clue what I was doing. Kim and Gina's house was already all done up in minor-Griswold style and they became my competition and my teachers. They held the ladder so I didn't die as I climbed on the roof and loaned me all kinds of decorating tools (such as the ladder). We both lost the Christmas yard award that year but the next year we won it together! After that it was war and I won it alone for 2 years in a row. This past year I was nine months pregnant so they took the prize, but only bc I wasn't able to climb on my roof!

Over the years they have continued to loan me their ladder among many other things that went above and beyond the customary cup of sugar. I will always remember the hours we all spent on our porches just hanging out and talking about everything under the sun. I will always be grateful to these two women who befriended a clueless newlywed, new to town and taught me how to be a Griswold, tried to teach me to garden, saved my plants when I failed and made me laugh almost every day. We will miss yall but I promise to keep in touch!



Kim, Chesley, and Gina
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gammy said...

Tell Kim and Gina they may need to come and warn neighbors that Griswold is coming, hope in this neighborhood someone has a tall ladder, a nice postman and the Christmas spirit.
Gammy