Chesley Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

But she CAN'T crawl!

I left my child on her playmat in the middle of the living room for about 5 minutes today and walked back and couldn't find her, for several seconds. I looked at the ExerSaucer thinking I had forgotten that I put her in there instead of on the floor but she wasn't there- then I took another step forward into the room and saw she was hidden by the ottoman-and she was no where near where I left her! This may not sound that strange until to consider the fact that the child CANNOT CRAWL! I am sure of this, so I guess she rolled and maybe scooted her way over to the wall and then found a cell phone charger cable to play with, which was plugged into the socket-Child Services come and get me. Never occured to me to unplug a dangling cord from the wall to keep it away from my six month old who CANNOT CRAWL! So I quickly unplugged the cord then ran for my camera to capture the escape artist on film. After fully documenting this bizarre occurence I placed her back on her playmat and went to brush my teeth. When I returned she had at least stayed put but had managed to collapse the playmat arches and tangle herself up in it. Granted, the playmat arches are not difficult to collapse but never in the 4 months that I have owned the thing has she ever done this. I found it quite comical since it happend minutes after the roll-a-thon across the den. Check out the pictures below and maybe you will too!
Oh, and I forgot- she had a teething ring around her leg as she took this little journey!

That's the ottoman that hid her from me for a terrifying millisecond. It's about 8feet from starting position to where she ended up-with a big 'ol smile on her face for mama!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: