Chesley Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, October 2, 2008

PercyBeth Quinn aka Baby Quinn


Percy and I have been married for 4 1/2 years now and live in Memphis, Tennessee. We are both originally from Jackson (me) and Madison (him), Mississippi. We both went to Mississippi State- go dogs! (It's a sad time but I'll always claim 'em!) We have an englsih springer spaniel named Weeza (yes, like in 'Steel Magnolias'). She is a little over a year and a half old and of course spoiled rotten. Not real sure how she is going to handle being ousted from her position as #1 in the Quinn family but around January 3rd we will find out because I am almost 27weeks pregnant with our first child. If you ask some of our friends and family they will tell you we are torturing them (Brynnen, Amy...) by choosing not to find out what we are having, but I have 2 younger sisters Katie (25) and Alex (15) and I was 12 when Alex was born and I remember how much fun Katie and I had not knowing! Percy was on board with the idea too so it was a no brainer for us.

I have always said I would do a blog when we had kids but I have been slow to start one while I have been pregnant and everyone has been harassing me to do it so here where are! Also, with us living 3 hours from all the grandparents and aunts-to-be we figured this was a good way to keep everyone up do date. Especially my sister Katie since she has a tendancy wander off to Europe, Eastern Africa, Thailand- and thats just in the last 6 months. Trying to talk to her on the phone right now while she is in Thailand is very hard as they are 11 hours ahead. So Katie- quit bad mouthing me to Dad- I try to call you back but you don't answer and don't have voicemail! Love you!

Please bear with me as I try and figure out what I am doing on this thing over the next few weeks and don't get mad if I never reply to comments- I am incredibly bad at checking my email so here's hoping I'll be better at this but who knows...
P.S. As for how the baby came to be known as PercyBeth- When Harper Jones was pregnant with Causey and wasn't telling us her name Amy Eddleman somehow (who can really follow the thought processes of Amy) came up with the name Opal for Harper's baby. So Causey was Opal until a day or two after she was born when we were all finally able to stop calling her that and call her by her REAL name. So when we were in Perdido this past May for our girls beach trip I told everyone to try and think of a good psuedonym for my baby. But nobody could think up a good gender neutral one until Kelli McGuffee and I rode the elevator with this cute little girl and her mom. Kelli asked her name and her mom said Jesslyn. When they got off we decided that her daddy must be Jess and mama was Lyn so they said, "We combined DNA to make her, we'll just combine our names to name her!" I asked Kelli if that meant I should name my child PercyBeth and she said, "Nope, but I know what we are calling that baby until it's born!"

4 comments:

Dehmer Family said...

OK, how happy I was to find your blog tonight!!! I can finally tell you how utterly annoyed I am that you are not finding out what that baby is! I put my vote in by the way which is a boy. I think it's time to shake the Calhoon's up a bit and add a boy to the mix. Percy and Rick deserve it. I am so happy for you Liz. Keep us posted on everthing!
Love,
Linz

The Segrest Family said...

YAY! you've done good my student =)
i will add the lillipie ticker and sitemeter (hopefully) in a minute!

The Quinns said...

okay - added the lilliepie - let me know if you want me to change it - tried to add the site meter,but i need moreinfo from you - call me tomorrow afternoon!

Dehmer Family said...

OK, as long as my mom is adding her to cents about the name I am going to add mine. Since I know it is a boy I think you should name him Pruett.(Is that how you spell it?) How cute is that!