Chesley Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, December 11, 2008

36 Weeks



This Tuesday was my first weekly appointment. Since Hillary was set to deliver anytime that day I decided to wait until next week to ask my doctor about when I should stop traveling. I am pretty sure he would have said a couple weeks ago but I didn't ask so he didn't say. I wanted to leave for Jackson straight from my appointment so I packed up my car and my dog, sorry Weeza, and parked in the garage with the windows cracked. The doctor said I was already about 50% effaced (spelling?) and that the baby was really low. He said the 'really low' part like it was a good thing- I am not convinced this means I have 'dropped' or anything bc I think the baby is as low as it has always been. There really isn't enough room in my torso for me to carry a baby really high or really low- they kind of need to use every inch they can to fit inside my short-waisted self! Percy is flabbergasted that I didn't ask more questions about what all this means for delivery dates. I assumed my doctor would laugh and say the baby will come when it comes and all we can do is guess at when that will be, so I didn't ask any questions, (plus Hillary was pushing already and I really needed to get back to the dog in my car!) Needless to say, Percy is going with me to my next appointment- so I'm sure I will have LOTS more info to report after next Tuesday...

A couple of people (Mary Katherine) want me to post pictures of the nursery- and I will, as soon as the curtains get hung, the rug comes in, and the changing table is finished being made and makes its way from Alabama to Jackson to Memphis! The baby absolutely can't come early. My bassinet (which I LOVE) came in and Percy and I put it together last night and you can see it (and the Weeze) in the belly pics- that's all I got for now!

P.S. My sister Katie just called and had me book her flight to come home-FINALLY! She had to set her alarm for 3am to try and catch someone in our family at home and able to get on the computer for her, (she has been having some technical difficulties with the Mozambique computer technology). But she is booked and coming home next week! Keep her in your prayers for a safe trip home!

4 comments:

Dehmer Family said...

I am just so excited for you! I love the bassinet. Keep us posted. Jett and Annie went to Babies 'R Us the other day and I think they wore it out!

The Segrest Family said...

i LOVE the bassinet!!!!!!!!! so beautiful. you look great!!! im still saying boy =) hope you have a boy name picked out =)

Katie said...

WOW! You look GREAT and REALLY preggo! :) Can't wait to meet that little baby!!!!!

The Segrest Family said...

update please =)