Chesley Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, December 22, 2008

38 Weeks

 

They think I am giving birth to a 2 month old...I had an ultrasound today and the baby is measuring 8lbs 12oz. I flipped out so badly when she told me this that she measured the baby again and it was 8lb 10oz. She said the estimate could be wrong a pound either way but that based on her doing it twice and on the quality of measurements she was able to get (I guess the baby was cooperating and giving her good angles), she felt pretty sure the baby was at least 8lbs. I am still only 50% effaced and not quite 1 cm dilated (I asked if she was just saying that to make me feel better and she said no I really was almost a whole cm.) So if I haven't had the baby on my own by next Monday I will go back for another check-up and set a date for sometime next week to be induced. The problem is my doctor will be out of town all of next week so he won't be the one to induce me unless we wait until the next Monday, which they don't want to do bc the baby is already SO BIG! So now we just wait and see if the baby decides to come before Monday or not!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

liz--you look fantastic...but are they SURE you're not having multiples?! :) at least you know your baby is healthy! i don't know how you're able to be surprised by the gender! i can't wait to find out! my vote: boy.
merry christmas!

Katie said...

Oh my goodness!! So exciting! I was 8 lbs 6 oz... maybe baby Quinn just wants to be big like me!! :) I will call you this week to check on you.

Linnie said...

Lizzie, YOU look so wonderful, OH so PRECIOUS. Can not wait... to hold the precious little girl.... still holding out. But gender .do not be concerned that Aunt Linda will be disappointed.. gonna love your sweet precious baby to pieces what ever the gender...will be shortly behind Aunt Dorothy LOVE to both of you and God's richest blessings on you at this most precious time in your lives.. I LOVE you BUNCHES!!!!

Leslie and Matt Henson said...

Hey Liz! You look great but I can't believe the baby is so big! I hope you are feeling good and ready for Christmas! and I am guessing my Monday you mean the 29th? Well make sure Percy has us all on speed dial to let us know when the baby gets here! Take care, have a great Christmas and love you!

Unknown said...

oh my god...I told bb that you are birthing a 6mth old by the looks of your belly and not a new born...please keep those legs closed tight till next week!!ha ha ha

derek and brittney said...

See yall shouldn't have laughed at me when i was faced with the exact same scenario! If is makes you feel better the doctors guess was about a pound off. But either way i think it is safe to say this will be a 8+lb. baby:)
You look great! i think we could hold our tummy pics side by side and they would look the exact same!

Jenny said...

wow! you look great----and ready!=) i will be checking back for an update really soon. can't wait to see what baby quinn is finally---i'm guessing BOY for sure. love ya